Sunday, February 14, 2010

back from vacation



Back from vacation. In January, my mom and I took a tour through Vietnam, which was incredible. This picture is of me in Halong Bay, Vietnam. Looks kind of like Guilin, doesn't it?
My next stop was in Chiangmai, where ELIC holds a conference for its teachers every year. Again, it was an incredible week.
After that, I went to Phuket with 5 other ELIC teachers. We did some snorkeling, swimming, sunning, and took a boat trip to Phi Phi Island, where The Beach (Leonardo Dicaprio) was filmed. (See other picture.) I definitely hope to go back to Phuket.
Now I am back in Hengyang, waiting for the semester to start at the beginning of March. So thankful for a good vacation, and happy to be safely at home now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Caroline!
    I happened across your blog and saw the beautiful Ha Long Bay! How was your post-Thailand trip?
    Caroline P

    ReplyDelete