Friday, June 5, 2009

going to China

Hi! Thanks for reading this! I hope this blog will be an effective communication tool for my upcoming journey to China, where I will be living for the next, hmm, phase of my life. I'd like to keep you updated on my thoughts, impressions, and observations while living abroad, and hear your reactions to said entries. So feel free to "comment", anytime. This journey will begin in 6 weeks, beginning with a week-long orientation in Ft. Collins, Colorado, followed by 4 weeks of training in Beijing. Then I will move to Hengyang, Hunan, in the southern part of China, where it is hot and rainy. All this will begin July 20.
My time this summer is being spent preparing for the journey. I am reading several books on Chinese culture and how to teach English. Because I lived in China from 1998-2001, I am somewhat familiar with the basics of Chinese culture, but a lot has changed since then, and I still need to learn a lot more Chinese than I've learned already. Hopefully you will learn a lot about China through this blog, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment